Friday 28 February 2014

Audience feedback on all products - 16 year old female

 
 
 
I have received some feedback on all of my products from a girl aged 16. It could be argued that 16 is too young of an age for someone to understand what being drunk feels like or to understand the emotions of my protagonist, however in todays society where drinking in young people is a very big problem it is clear to see that many 16 year olds do in fact drink. This piece of audience feedback from this 16 year old girl proves that someone in the lower band of the ages of my target audience still likes my products and understands them and the message they are trying to put across.
 
Not only this, it is positive to see some feedback on my ancillary tasks as even though I have received some verbally and have spoken about them in some constructive evidence and planning posts I have not documented them as much on my blog. The fact that this person is also able to understand that all three products were together and used to promote each other due to the main image illustrates how important it is to include an image on my magazine advert. Also it has proved that in breaking conventions of drum and bass adverts and digipaks by placing an image on them has actually brought success to my products.
 
I feel that as my music video follows the Reception Theory rather than an Effects theory such as the hypodermic needle model, it has allowed the different age ranges interpret the music video and the messages in a way that is suitable to their age group. For example, a 16 year old may not understand or have ever drunk because they have been lonely, meaning they interpret that the protagonist is drinking to have fun but it has just gone wrong. Someone who is 20+ however, would of had more life experience and may have gone through more problems such as relationships meaning that they have dealt with these issues via drinking, allowing them to understand the more prominent message of drinking because you are lonely. This is a positive thing as it means that my target audience will be able to identify with the protagonist is the way that they decode the message. If there was a set message that was clear cut it would maybe mean that a younger audience would not understand the feeling of loneliness, thus meaning they would not be able to relate of emphasize with the protagonist.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment