Wednesday 15 January 2014

Music video - 1st Draft

Here is the first draft of my music video. I spent all day completing the draft which I am pleased with. I feel like I am catching up quite a bit now, with only my digipak and possibly some changes to my music video to do. I may make a change to the second to last shot of Hannah holding a bin to a similar shot but maybe at a different angle. Tomorrow I will be presenting my draft of my music video to my class and hopefully will get some good feedback. I will analysis these feedback and then state what changes I will make to my music video. I also need to add the name of the music video and who it is by at the start and the end of my music video too. Also I will upload my next draft/finished music video via Vimeo. I had to upload it through youtube this time as vimeo was not working properly for me but hopefully I will have this problem solved. 

I feel that my music video follows the codes and conventions of a drum and bass music video. For example most drum and bass music videos do not include, the singing/miming of the lyrics. I have also chosen not to included this in my music video as I know that the other drum and bass music videos are still a great success, meaning my music video will not be 'put down' just because it has not got any singing in it. Drum and Bass music videos rely heaving on an interesting narrative. I feel that my narrative is interesting and will make my target audience want to watch it all the way through, in turn meaning that my tagret audience will want to watch my music video for entertainment purposes, meaning that my music video follows the Uses and Gratifications theory as proposed by Blumler and Katz. 



No comments:

Post a Comment