Thursday 16 January 2014

Diary entry 16/1/14

Yesterday I spent the whole day creating the first draft of my music video. I was very tedious but it was worth it as now I have caught up with my work. I used a range of locations in my music video for exampe, the studio setting, the footage from the Calvin Harris concert, footage in the bedroom and also footage that I filmed outside at night. I made sure that my music video was full of fast paced shots that cut into eachother quickly in time to the beat of the music. This is conventional of a drum and bass music video which regularly includes short but fast paced shots. To make the shots fast paced I increased the speed manually on Premiere.

I feel that my music video will follow the Reception Theory instead of the Effects theory. This is because I feel that as some of my messages and metaphors are ambigious, it will make the audience think about the message themselves and take away from it what they think it is trying to portray. This is the polar opposite to the Effect theory, which includes the Hypodermic Needle Model which proposes that we are passive and the media is 'done to us' and we dont take anything from it and actually think about it. I think that it is a postive thart my music video follows the Reception Theory as it means that my target audience can take the messages of the music how they want to and make it personalised to them. This in turn would mean that the audience could use my music video to gather their identity. Also the fact they have thought about the message of the music video could mean that they can apply their own situations and relate it to my portaganist. This would mean that my music video also follows Blumler and Katz's Uses and Gratifications Theory.

Today, I played my music video to my class mates and asked them for feedback on my first draft. I felt that this was useful as I am now able to take on board their comments and alter my music video when creating my second draft. I recieved postive feedback in both a verbal and written format, which is helpful as I can go back to what they said. Also I will be producing a Audience Feedback prezi and will be discussing in more detail what my class mates said to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment